My Grown-Up Christmas List

In my family there is a small tradition for Thanksgiving day. It is the day that everyone in the family has to turn in the Christmas wish list to my mom so that she can start planning what she'll get, when she'll get it, and where she'll get it. I've been thinking about this year's list all month and still found myself staring at a blank list tonight. I just haven't been able to think of anything that someone can buy for me this year that would be valuable to me...but that doesn't mean I don't want anything.

So what is it that I want?

Fulfilling Job

A different post will come within the next month or so regarding how 2017 has gone but big changes happened in my occupation and currently I am in a position where when discussing what we were thankful for around the Thanksgiving dinner table my response was "I'm just thankful I have a job." Is it the perfect job? No. Does it have potential? Absolutely.

My Christmas Wish: I would like to be in a job that fulfills me and that I am good at. Whether that is progressing in my current job or finding a new one, that is one thing I would like.

Financial Security

I don't need a million dollars. I wouldn't mind it, but that isn't what I mean when I say financial security. It has taken me a while to get back on my feet from my personal economic downturn but there is progress. It's just slower than I wish. I'm grateful for what I have but there are some things that would be nice that unfortunately revolve around money.

My Christmas Wish: I would like to have an apartment, a space of my own and the ability to pay for it. I would like to buy my own food. I would like to to be self-reliant. I'm getting there. I just wish I were getting there quicker.

Closer Connections

One of the things I value the most is the friends, family, and other connections that I have. I believe that the human element is the most powerful of all forces on Earth. When multiple humans combine through relationships and bonds that power becomes even greater. How well do I know you, my dear reader? Do I know your favorite color? Your favorite food? Do I know what would be on your Christmas list?

My Christmas Wish: I want to increase the value in the relationships that I have. I want to create a support system and be a part of others' support systems so that created bonds will become permanent.

------

This is a very small list and very brief explanations of what I wish I could just get for Christmas but I understand that all of these, as well as the other non-tangible wishes I have need to be worked on. Thus I wouldn't be surprised if these Christmas wishes turn into New Year's resolutions.

Who knows?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor