My Resolution is Me

If you Know anything about me then you know that I love making New Years resolutions. Do I keep them? Sometimes. Okay maybe only once but still, I love the idea of change and growth.

So 2018 started yesterday and I am super excited about my resolutions. The way I decided to do it this year was I picked a theme and then set a couple minor goals that will compliment and enforce that goal.

My theme: Me

I am my theme. A lot of my failure this past year (and for many years) have stemmed from my incessant need to please other people. This year, I'm gonna please myself

Now the hard part. How?

The pieces that make up the puzzle have to be simple but only need to be loosely connected. Then, as a whole they can boost the overall goal together. In thinking about these simple pieces I had to think about things I like to do. Things I want to do. Thing that are fun or bring me happiness. Things that have some level of productivity either physically, mentall, or emotionally. My puzzle is made up of five pieces.

1. Read some every day
2. Write some every day (so far, so good)
3. Workout and eat healthier...I know, so cliche
4. Go to one movie per week. What? Movies make me happy.
5. Let my heart roam free... basically don't force anything.

That last phrase is super important. I don't want to force anything in my life. The square peg will never fit in the circle hole without first becoming the circle. Like wise, I must first become the type of person I want to be before I can expect to fit in where I wish to.

Who do I want to be?

I want to be a writer...a blogger. I want to have imagination and intellect and be able to combine them with personality. I want to know what actual love is. Love of self. Love of others. Love of the world around me. I honestly believe that love is freedom. Fear and insecurity are what hold a person back from full potential. I know I may never live without any fear at all but I can sure fight insecurity. And 2018 is my year to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor