The Student: A (Not-So) Unexpected Journey

So I haven't posted in a very long time on here. I tried starting a new blog which kinda failed because of my lack of time (and motivation though I will never admit that out loud). Also, reading past posts I became really emo. (If you have not read past posts, you aren't missing much and I don't recommend destroying your pristine image of me by clouding your mind with my past troubles.)  Yeah, sorry about that. I think I am better now though. Life with its supposed craziness brought me little excitement and thus not much to post about, or so I thought. So I didn't post.

Now I have a life and a reason to write. I still make no promises on how often I will write as I have learned to not make promises I haven't kept previously.

My reason to write is pretty simple: I, though not a hobbit, am embarking on an incredible journey!

Like many hobbits, my life and lifestyle have not been akin to grandiose adventures and I have preferred stay in my little hobbit-hole of a dwelling where I am comfortable and familiar. With a short visit from my very own wise Gandalf (Jerry Hansen) and a team of dwarves (the graduation and internship offices) I am compelled to embark on a journey that has been coming for a long time (even though I have often tried to put it off).

For my internship, this week I make my first solo flight and my first international flight seemingly beyond Middle Earth  to the distant land of (drum roll please) Albania. If you know me then you know I have been gloating about this for a while and is no surprise so you can disregard the drum roll. Hopefully my time in Albania will not go undocumented as I wish to share my experiences in a not so Tolkien-esque way via the mythical Facebook and this personal blog. So brace yourselves (or not), many blog posts (or very few) are about to come forth. Read and view at your own risk as you may become jealous (I could only hope).

Oh yes, an apparently I love parentheses.

Off I go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor