#1 Oh The Places You'll Go

I often find it difficult to figure out things to write about on this blog since my life seems so mundane sometimes, but I find great value in writing...and writing consistently at that. Lucky for me, I was looking into other blogs when I stumbled upon gold. At least it was gold to me. The name of the blog is "Mantelligence" and the post was about 101 Journal Prompts. Since this blog is a bit of my personal online journal I thought I might as well try it out.

Prompt #1: What Are Some Places You've Enjoyed Visiting?

When I was young, I was a trampolinist and had the opportunity to travel for competitions. My first time on an airplane was in 1996 to Phoenix, Arizona for my first Junior Olympic National Championships. Little did I know that later in life, I would serve my mission in that very same city. Phoenix and all of Arizona will always hold a special place in my heart because of these two experiences. 

As I mentioned before, my competitions took me all over the country. Phoenix, Orlando, Minneapolis, Anaheim, Las Vegas, Cincinnati...and almost Greensboro. I really enjoyed my time in all of these places. Other memorable vacations I remember were to Knoxville, Tennessee and Houston, Texas. Each are places where I got to visit extended family. Each hold a special place in my heart. 

In high school I was a part of the choir which meant three consecutive years of choir tours. San Francisco. Southern California. Seattle. Although all were great, there was something about the architecture of the Bay Area and the diversity of cultures while strolling through Chinatown and Union Square that really resonated with me. I loved the crazy streets that were inclined. That is a city I would love to explore more.

Many of you know and have read the posts about my first European experience. If you haven't, go look in the archives of my blog back to January-April 2014. Growing up I always wanted to go to Europe and I am more than happy to say that not only have I visited Europe but I have immersed myself in a culture that very few have. ALBANIA!! The country became like home to me. I love it. I love the people. I love the culture. It is an experience that is second to none for me in my life. 

I am so blessed that I have been able to travel so much in my life. When I graduated from high school, someone gave me the book "Oh The Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss. It has become my favorite Seuss book. Oh the places I've been. Oh the places I will go. 

"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes, and you can steer them any way that you choose."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

An Honor

#3 A Secret Dream