28

So, if Facebook or some other social media hasn't informed you by know then here ya go. Today is my 28th birthday and I am excited to start another year of life. In the days leading up to today, I have reflected quite a bit on the past year of my life. It has certainly been a roller coaster, but then again most years are.

Not long after my last birthday I got a major promotion at work. And now, I don't have that job. In July, my love life took a strange tumble which simply made me more confident (strange, right?). I have returned from the land of wind and more wind to my hometown which I euphemistically term "The Promised Land". I have set myself on a new path taking me back to school and in a new career direction. So much has happened.

So what is my birthday wish for this upcoming year? Easy....experiences.

This last week, I attended a temple open house, two theater performances, and a party. That's a lot for me compared to normal. I would love for this to become the normal. Not exactly those things all the time but I want experiences with people that will be unforgettable and will shape who I am and fill out my person.

A couple years ago I set a simple phrase as a New Year's Resolution. I have kept it around in my mind ever since then. "A Higher Plane Of Living." There is so much that we as humans can do with our existence. We can focus on monetary goals of stability and comfort. We can focus on fine tuning our bodies and becoming the healthiest specimens possible. We can seek learning and understanding of all educational endeavors.

I don't want perfection.

I just want progress.

I am so grateful for another year of life to do just that. Today is just Monday. But it's another day to live, another day to breathe, another day to feel, another day to love. I can't explain how excited I am to move onward and upward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor