My #1 Dream

After my last post about my dream #236 of 842 (yes, I used random numbers), I had a few people come to me with the question, "Then, what is your #1 dream?"

This did not cause any pause on my behalf. I knew immediately in a general sense what my biggest dream is. (For the sake of this post I will call it my Dream.) I doubt this will be a surprise to anyone but I might as well clear the air for those who asked the question.

I personally dislike the term "hopeless romantic" because on the surface it sounds like there is no hope to get what is wanted out of love. This being said, I am a "hopeful romantic". I know that love is good and that I can get everything I want and need from love. That is why my Dream revolves exclusively around my future family.

As a kid I had two main goals. Go to college and get married. Well, I have graduated college without getting married so that means I still have one goal left to achieve. Although when it happens, it may not look exactly like this, I imagine a beautiful wedding to a beautiful wife with whom I have intelligent conversations with followed by buying, decorating, and creating a home. Then the kids come along. Secretly I imagine 5 so I can make a basketball team, but as time goes on the quantity becomes less important and how I raise them becomes more important.

"The Family: A Proclamation to the World" gives attributes that I want to make sure are a part of my relationship with my wife and kids. Constant learning and prayer will be taught in the family by example and encouraged individually. Everything will be done with respect. Respect to family. Respect to friends. Respect to strangers. Respect to inanimate objects. There is no one and nothing that is unworthy of respect. And lastly, there will be a lot of playing. I was raised properly where I could go outside and hit a baseball, shoot some hoops, or toss a frisbee but also could come in and play a board game or card game. I expect to play with my children often. I want to spend time with them doing things and opening up communication. I always want my wife kids to know that they can come to me and just talk or just play. I want to be present for my wife and kids.

But I have to get a wife first.

This is easier said than done and I realize that as I have grown older and had more experiences that I have become more picky...which isn't a good thing.

I know that this Dream of mine will come true, though, and I don't have to go to Disneyland for it. My Dream is not unreachable or unattainable. My Dream is worth waiting for (although I would rather not wait any longer). Writing this post, I am realizing that it is not the most entertaining post and I feel like I am making myself a bit vulnerable so I am sorry for the sappy post and I hope to get back to the entertaining ones soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor