Dream #236 of 842: One Month Of Clothing

In two weeks time, the fashion world will be buzzing and for the duration of the month, new designs will be on display throughout the four corners of the fashion world: New York, London, Milan, and Paris.

Those of you who know me also know that somewhere along the line, I got hit by the fashion bug. By looking at me and what I wear you may never guess that but I will say that if I had more money and opportunity, my personal style would be a reflection of the best of the best from the world of sartorial prowess.

September 10 is the beginning of New York Fashion Week as designers and style mavens from all over the world congregate in Lincoln Center and surrounding venues to see what is "in" for fashion. Once this fashion week concludes the processions move to London for a week, then Milan, and ending in what many consider the fashion capital of the world, Paris on October 7.

One of my favorite things to do, it to look through as many collections as I can (mainly menswear collections since I am a man which show usually in July) and see for myself not only what the hot trends will be but also which designers and ateliers I think best exude where fashion is going next. No my excitement cannot be hidden.

The only thing that would make this time of year even better would be if I could personally set up shop in each of these fashion capitals and peek into the shows. I have never seen a real fashion show in person but to go to five shows in a day would be a gourmet feast for the eyes. If I were to go a step further, it would also be a dream to talk to the designers about their collections and inspirations and then also to own more than half of the menswear pieces that are shown.

When I get rich and famous, you will see me at fashion week.

Anyhow, this is a fair warning that any conversation you plan on having with me may in someway revert back to fashion and clothing and designers. One of my passions is fashion.

Also, football season is coming up so I may be talking about that quite a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor