What is going on?

The title says it all. I really have no idea what I am doing with my life right now. I have been skating by on the sheer thought that I am in college. That is what I am doing right now. But what about later. Later is becoming sooner. Sooner than I have expected. There is so much to do and I just want to get started.

I have recently been overwhelmed with a desire to move on. I am tired of working for my undergraduate degree. My living situation, though some changes have occurred, is still quite monotonous. My town is cold. My job is common. And I feel like I have met everyone I want to meet and done everything that I want to do here. I am ready to get out and start. Visions of Kansas or California, Knoxville or Newport, provide adequate images to keep me sane and my motivations up.

I feel like I have always wanted to grow up. In my mind I have thought of "the age" as that point for people. It looks like that is holding true for me. That is how I fell about myself anyhow. I turn "the age" this year. I am feeling more grown up and mentally able to take on new things, although my physical capabilities (including some important sub-categories) are not quite there.

I guess what I am trying to say is...I just want to get out and get going with my life.

Comments

Christina said…
Hopefully this works... it's a whole slideshow of quotes about moving on and they are all SO TRUE!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Best+Moving+On+Quotes&view=detail&id=E1009EED8594D0ED77FE49F09A70DCAD23275763&first=31&FORM=IDFRIR#

One of my favorites there is by Walt Disney. He says, "Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening new doors and doing new things because we're curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

And here's a fun lil bit of motivation for the future...
http://www.covalentmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/adventure-is-out-there.jpg

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor