The Results are In

The semester is over!!!   Finals week was only slightly painful, self-induced of course, but nonetheless, I made it.  The final grades were posted today and I ended up with a couple surprises.  The three grades that I was sure about remained the same: New Testament (99% A), English (98% A), and Statistics (95% A).  With the surprises, one was good and one was not so good.  I am very happy with the outcome of my toughest class, History of Psychology (87% B+) and not completely sold on my DNA class (81% B-).  Overall, academically this has been a very tough semester but it has been a very telling semester.  In the past week alone, almost all of my academic questions have been answered.  The big question that was on my mind as the semester progressed was if I was going to stay at BYU-Idaho or if there was something else in the plans.  For a while, I was really considering going to BYU-Provo campus just because they had the major that I now want.  Psychology is not for me.  This semester, I came out of that class every day saying how much I hate that class.  I did not want to be constrained into a field that I would not enjoy.  The conflict in my mind was having the major that I want and moving or the financial stability of staying though I would not be following a passion.  Everything came to a peak when I found a major here at BYU-Idaho that is exactly what I want and I would get to stay here a live out the scholarship I am under and have time to get and hold a job not to mention a little stability in the social life.  The result, I am a International Studies major with a Political Science emphasis and a Spanish minor.  I am super excited about it!  It is everything that I want.  Now I just have to find a job.  Haha.  That is my new focus for now, especially since I have a 7 week break from school.  Seven weeks of quiet in an almost empty apartment.  So far I am loving the peace.  I could get used to this...but I still miss my social life.  With one more chapter of my life's book behind me, I am confidently turning a new page with excitement of what the future holds.  Things are really falling into place and I know that this coming semester will find more things that will fall where they need to.  Where will life take me next?  Only time will tell. :)  

Comments

I am so glad you found something that you really love! I wish I could say the same about Psychology... but I love the class! It's tough yeah, but I never said once "I hate that class". I guess it's for me then huh? I'm so glad everything is turning out great for you. Like I told you before, go with the flow and everything will fall into place. Especially if it's the right time. I love your blog entries! Keep it up(:

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor