From First Day to Finals Week

Unfortunately, I have not kept y'all updated very well.  It would be a lie if I said there was never any time to  because everyone always has a little bit of time somewhere or another.  But I figure that since this week is finals wee that i better at least attempt to bring you up to speed.  I am proud to say that for the most part this semester, I have been able to stay caught up on all of y homework and in doing so have given myself a little allowance for some down time here and there.  I can't say that I made good use of that down time all of the time but I can say that from the things I have done, that I have learned just about as much as I have in my actual classes.  Whether that is a lot or not is for you to decide.  My psychology class remained my toughest class throughout the entire semester even though my DNA class sure gave it a run for its money nearing the end.  New Testament is still amazing yet I think that my English class I my favorite, possibly because I am pulling a 99% in the class and the teacher said that it would be a very tough class.  Needless to say, I am very happy about that grade, as opposed to others (DNA).  My statistics class has remained in the middle even though socially, it is probably my favorite.  Our table is a riot every class period and the teacher is so patient and goes right along with it.  To put it simply, he knows my name very well, along with the rest that are in my group...we are his favorites.  So I guess from the time I introduced the classes, not a whole lot has changed.  Over the course of the semester, I have done things that I have never done before....this is the first semester with major projects and research papers, the first time i have ever stepped into the office of one of my teachers, and the first time (as well as many after) that I began using the piano practice rooms for the music majors to play the piano every so often.  I am learning so much about just the campus here in general and how things work that it is becoming more and more like home.  The only thing that is missing is my family. :(  It can be tough not being around them sometimes but it has forced me to grow so much in ways that I don't think would have happened this quickly in any other situation.  I was given the option that for about seven weeks after finals, i could go home, live there, and not have to worry about anything, or to stay here, job hunt, and continue to grow as an independent person.  I am a bit reluctant to say that I am happy to continue with my growth and will be staying right where I am for the seven week break from school as well as the fall semester.    Again needless to say, I will be visiting home frequently to see my family.  So after I survive finals week, have a job, and finally settle down a bit, I will quite possibly be able to enjoy myself again and do the things that I really want to do...well, at least things that I can do on my own because all of the people that I know up here are not going to be here for the break.  Maybe it will be a good thing though...who knows.  I might need a lot of movies and books though.

Comments

Whitney said…
Miss you too bud! Just think, we may see each other soon and it will be grand. Good luck with finals and job hunting and settling down and everything else. Ha Ha. :D

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor