Transition Period

Since coming home from college for a four month break, I have come to a realization of a lot of different things. The biggest realization came during a conversation with my father about what I am going to be doing for the next few months. In all honesty, I have a job, but nothing else has really been in my plans. It has been frustratingly hard and I didn't know why. My dad pointed out that right after I came home from my mission, I had to go straight into preparations for school and was working with the missionaries here in my hometown a lot. Then it was off to school where I was in a socially active environment and busy with homework a lot which kept my mind occupied the majority of my days. Now that I do not have schoolwork or an easily accessible social atmosphere there has been nothing to occupy my mind and have been falling into a rut. This is the transition that most return missionaries go through right when they get off their missions. For me, it is just happening six months late because my life has been a whirlwind since the mission. Not only is it a transition period, but a period of growth and development in my habits and character. It is now, when there is nothing pressing that I have to do (except my job), that I create who I am and who I will be through what I do. Finding hobbies and sticking to them and not getting caught up in the past and on what was but rather what is and what will be. I am grateful to my family who have given me great advice and have kept my spirits up when they were down as well as the friends who have helped in the process too. If nothing else, this time before I go back to school will allow me to gather my thoughts, desires, and goals so that as I go back to school, I will be prepared and know what I need to do to succeed in every aspect of life to achieve my ultimate goal. My ultimate goal in this life is constant and exceeding happiness.

Comments

I have been meaning to call you and see how things are going. Know that we are thinking about you and that I am here anytime you need to talk. Carson wants me to say,"bye, bye." He (and I) will talk to you soon!

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor