Epic Weekend

This last weekend I got to go up to Rexburg and see some of my friends for a few days. It ended up being one of the greatest weekends ever. Friday I got to go with one of my friends to the temple which was big to me. It was a big help for me in the comfort and answers I got. That night we did a group date, and murder mystery dinner. It was a lot of fun and I think everyone had a good time. Saturday was a pretty chill day, not a whole lot happened except for the evening of playing the game "signs". . .again. It was our favorite game last semester and so it was quite nostalgic. Sunday, a friend gave a talk in church on faith and character and it was such a good talk that really made me think about what I do daily. That friend is such an inspiration to me. I was planning on coming back that night but decided to stay for an extra night. I am very glad that I did because it was really nice to spend my final morning up there in a quiet scripture study along side others that are on the same level as me. I came back on Monday and went into work and found that in a couple weeks, I have four days off in a row. That never happens. I haven't even had two days in a row off unless I made it happen. This time my boss did it and I had no idea. The best part is that this particular weekend is the weekend that one of the guys is going to be in Salt Lake City and the three that are in Rexburg are going to go see him. Now, I get to go with them and have a "guys weekend". I am so excited about that. God has really been blessing me tremendously. As one song on my playlist says, "After the hurricane comes the rainbow." I am glad, however, that I am back home because there is real food here. My mom set out some dinner for me when I hot home from work and even though it was leftovers, it tasted so good.

Comments

Whitney said…
Glad you had so much fun!!! You deserve it. Home cooking is always the best, whether it is leftovers or not. Can't wait to have some soon.

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor