Back to Reality

This past week has been a little more eye opening. I guess the big thing is all about my grades. Throughout the semester, prior to this week, I have somehow kept my averages in all of my classes above a 90%. I am amazed because usually my work ethic is below average. I am proud to say that this semester has been different. I have done all of my homework on time. Now to this past week. I have still completed all of my assignments on time but a few of my grades have taken a hit. In my science class, I found out that an assignment that we do on a weekly basis was not receiving any points for med, in fact, I was getting zeros in that category. Upon talking with the teacher, I found out that I turned them in to the wrong place and that he could give me partial credit but not full credit. After multiple conversations, emails, and a little note of displeasure via our learning journals, I have managed to get the grade from a D+ at the beginning of the week to a solid B. Much better but I still have work. I had two tests this week, both of which were in my hardest classes. One test (Psychology) I did not feel ready for at all. The other (Middle East) I felt very comfortable. I was less than impressed with the grades I received on those tests with the former being a 74% and the latter a 79% bringing both of those class grades down to a B+. I am not happy. But I know that what I need to do is channel all of my energy now into studying extra hard so that I can bring all of those grades up. This is the position that I am used to being in. I have never excelled and I have always had to cram at the last second due to procrastination. My goal now is to change my perception of my reality and make it one that has nothing about procrastination involved. One where it would feel uncomfortable to procrastinate. Other than that, this past week has just been filled with homework and hanging with my friends (the brotherhood). It is interesting how when you are away from home, there are always people who step up and step in and become family. My friends are that for me. I have the greatest family and friends in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor