New Direction...Maybe?

I've gotten away from writing more here and there has been a few reasons why. First, I felt an expectation to write posts that were deep and super meaningful. There were many times when I wanted to write but I couldn't think of anything "meaningful" or existentially deep so I just didn't write. Second, my readership here has been down and (as you may know) I often ask why I am writing or who I am writing for. I have felt that if no one reads what I write then what is the point of writing, especially in such a public space.

What's the solution? I can honestly say I don't know but I am going to try something a bit new (even though I kinda tried it before a few years back).

I'm going to write about what I like; what I want to write about. My passions.

Yes, I do want to keep some of the inspirational or deep posts every so often, but it won't be every single post.

What will you see more of? Small "c" culture. I learned in college that culture is defined in two ways. "Big-C Culture" is made up of politics and geography and history and economics and those types of things where "Small-c culture" is made up of art, music, literature, fashion, entertainment, etc. Basically it is what we call pop culture. And I love pop-culture.

You can expect to see more posts about what I am reading, what I am watching, what I am listening to, and what I love or hate about everything that influences culture. It will mostly be what I love because I'm not a big hater...at least not publicly. 

As usual, I am always open to suggestions on topics so if there is any piece of the cultural spectrum that you love or want my take on, you can absolutely ask me and my opinions will flow freely.

Oh, and addressing that second reason why my writing has been sporadic, if you read on continually, then great. If you choose not to, then great. I write for me now. If you do read this, I always love to hear feedback and you can do that here on the blog or you can comment on the Facebook posts. I love the interaction part but I no longer expect it nor do I need it to keep going.

Happy reading!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

Crazy Week