Peoria

Greetings to the little town from the big city. I am in the Phoenix metropolitan area known as Peoria covering the Oakwood and Centennial Wards. It is amazing down here. There is so much work to be done.
Some people love us and some hate us. While biking yesterday I had a hot dog thrown at me. It missed and I laughed.
My companion is a 6'6" twig named Elder Bishop. He is super smart. He only has 4 months left on his mission so I don't know how long I will be with him.
On Wednesday we started teaching a girl named K. She is a golden investigator. She knows its true, has the Spirit, and will be baptized after recovering from knee surgery. We saw her every day this past week.
There is also another investigator named J. We went to the Mesa Temple Visitor's Center with him and saw the Joseph Smith movie. It was awesome. He has a baptism date for January 17.

Love
Elder Brady Parkin

Comments

Whitney said…
Getting hot dogs thrown at you is like getting free food. That makes me laugh. I never had that type of experience.

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor