Only My Favorite Holiday

So many people love Christmas and Thanksgiving. I have heard a lot of people lately mention Halloween as their favorite. For me, I love the Fourth of July. While I have heard some mention it being their's also, it is not the front runner. But come on guys, what isn't to love? It's summer and barbecues and fireworks and colors and excitement and swimming and watermelon and lemonade and everything that is good in life.

I love it so much that I decided to extend that holiday this year for four extra days.



With the Fourth being on a Wednesday, it just felt awkward having a random day to celebrate so I took Thursday and Friday off of work and made the holiday so much better!

To be honest, on the Fourth and the day after I didn't really do too much. On the Fourth, I attended the obligatory parade which, let's be honest, was a bit of a let down. Don't get me wrong parades are my favorite....beyond favorite, but a parade should not be a line of Ford F150s with banners on the sides of them or (my aching soul) pamphlets taped to their windows. Pamphlets. Unreadable from a distance. Come on (enter my hometown name here). Get it together. 

A parade is still a parade and I still enjoyed the atmosphere. 

The rest of the day was napping and baseball and napping and tennis and then pizza and spending time with some friends. I also couldn't allow myself miss out on my favorite yearly tradition of watching the NYC Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks. (Tradition Est. 2011...thank you Beyonce.) 

Thursday was a recovery day...considering I didn't get home from celebrating until July 5th at 9am. Don't ask.

Friday was certainly a highlight. A couple friends and I drove down to Lagoon Amusement Park and spent the afternoon eating way too much and then almost barfing on roller coasters. I had to think about it but it had been five years since the last time I was there and Friday was such a trip down memory lane. Also, I would like to add that even though I was the Scaredy Cat when I was younger, I was the only one of the group who went on or was excited for every ride!! (I have great pride in this little fact.) The scariest ride, however, might have been the drive home....I was so tired. 

Saturday and Sunday found me back down to Utah. That's what happens when your friend leaves his car keys in your car. Okay, so I planned on going back to Utah anyway but it made for a decent excuse. Didn't do too much but spent time relaxing and investing in my future. How? 

I bought me a new tech baby!! (It's a boy.)



Like I mentioned in my last post, I am wanting to write some more and my old laptop has been dealing with computer cancer for a while now so it was time to start saying goodbye which meant buying a new laptop so I can keep writing. In fact, not only does it mean I can keep writing but since having it in my possession, all I have wanted to do is get home, set it up, and start writing again (hence this diary-esque, out-of-the-ordinary post about what I did this weekend.). 

I am a subscriber to the mantra, when you look good, you feel good. I feel like that similarly goes for the items you use in your work. When you get something new or clean something up, it makes you want to use it more. I truly believe that to succeed in your dreams you have to invest not only time but also an amount of money. Unfortunately money isn't always the easiest to come by so investments may not be super common, but by investing when you can, you are proving to yourself how much you want something. That and if you don't use it for its intended purpose, then you've just wasted all that money.

I can't let this go to waste.

Comments

Unknown said…
I loved this man. You're awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

An Honor

"King of Scars"