Fashion Friday: Olive Green

First let me tell you that I am addicted to fashion. I have been for a few years now and my favorite outlet is the Vogue Runway app. They have every picture from every collection from major fashion week. I literally spend hours each week thumbing through the styles and designers and even reading up and studying the trends, mood boards, and themes of the shows. 

With that, I begin my first #FashionFriday post with a topic that I have discussed with a few friends lately and that is the base color of Olive Green. Black and white will always be in. Shades of grey continue to forge forward as a leading base color for fashion. Navy goes in and out (right now it's in). But olive green is a new addition to the catwalks. 

By new, I mean that it first started to take its footing in the Fall 2015 and 2016 shows. makes sense, right? In the fall the greens of leaves begin to lose their luster. We tend to focus on the rich reds and oranges of changing leaves, forgetting that sometimes, leaves stay green...just a deeper green. I love how designers have taken this beautiful hue and turned fashion editing into this natural, earthy tone. This season, olive is major and has found its footing on the catwalks for spring shows. Rain jackets, semi-formal blazers, and under tees now in olive provide a wealth of accent colors available to bring freshness and ease onto the runways. 

The photos below show a few of my favorite examples of this trend from recent shows. The first two looks are from the Cerruti 1881 show and features not only the color of olive but the use of it in textures and prints, solidifying its place as a proper base color for style. The third look is a Givenchy gown that proves that the color can be chic...which can be difficult for any shade of green. 

Though it does not need to be a staple in the wardrobe yet, I would look into finding some olive pieces to add some subtle differentiation to your wardrobe. As for me, a new rain jacket has done the trick.  




*I do not own any of these pictures. No copyright infringement is intended. They are taken from the Vogue Runway website and app. If asked to remove them at any time by the company or photographer, I will oblige.* 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor