My 2nd Favorite F-word

To be 100 percent clear, my favorite F-word is "free" (hopefully you didn't think it were a different one), but since I now have your attention I will proceed with the next best thing. Football.

As I have mentioned over the last few posts, I have multiple dreams and passions in life and this week, my excitement could hardly be contained in preparation for what I believe is one of the best weekends of the year.

Rather than reviewing my entire week, I will simply start by saying that on a few, un-numbered occasions I may have let out a loud "eek" whenever commercials for upcoming games aired. Yesterday, I was fortunate that my father left the house for a little bit a couple of times so I could get some hyper energy out. Unlike Saturday mornings when the games are on early, I had to wait (very impatiently) for the 4:00pm start time. Torture.

When the Carolina blue and the garnet helmets flashed on the screen, my eyes got big. Then I saw Steve Spurrier. Sure it could have been a number of coaches, Saban, Meyer, or Mendenhall, but Spurrier is a legacy.

The first series of the game was a bit of a blur as my passion clouded my vision. Thank goodness I didn't miss much since the South Carolina's new starting quarterback was still trying to work some first-game jitters out. But then I was able to focus and take it all in.

The main of the event of the night was a couple hours later when I met up with friends at a nationally known famous chain wings restaurant (I will not say the name for copyright reasons), and saw the face of a new and future coaching legend take the field for game two of the night. Yes, of course I am talking about Jim Harbaugh. Four large sodas and pile of wings later, it was halftime and my contentment was at an all-time high. Not only was I watching one of my top three favorite teams (Go Blue) but was also surrounded by four other games.

When that game ended, I retired to my home and did what else, but finish watching the last football game of the night. It ended. I on my caffeine high was wide awake and feeling a bit fulfilled (and a bit nauseous from all of the soda) with only one thing on my mind. Today was only a little more than six hours of football. On Saturday, I can treat myself to 12 or more hours of joy.

Though I probably won't go 12 hours straight of TV watching football, I think it is safe to say football season creates a real problem for weekend productivity. Unless you consider the flood of names, stats, and possible conversation topics productive in which case I can be wildly productive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor