Is This the Right Internship for Me?

This week marks the halfway point of my adventures here in Albania and what a trip it has been so far. From the first three weeks of solid rain to two cats falling through the ceiling of my apartment the cards have at times seemed stacked against me. I am happy to report though that with all of the trials, I am loving the experience and am learning a lot about myself in the process. A part of me even wonders if this internship (that the Lord so graciously placed in front of me) is more for my personal life and personal progression rather than the work that I am doing.

Don't get me wrong. I am enjoying the work that I do but as with every job it has it ups and downs. This has prompted me to think about my life's journey so far and where it is headed. The road before me is forking as I believe it always will. Though I felt like I was done making the big decisions of "What do I want to do when I grow up?" the Lord has taught me that it is good to have options and that agency and decision-making make a person stronger.

With all of the options, one single question has been on my mind almost constantly for a week. Is this internship the right internship for me? Or am I just wasting my time?

Well, I am certainly NOT wasting time and though my future career path may be changing I am becoming more and more convinced that this is the right internship for me. The people and the place are providing me with a once-in-a-lifetime experience to strengthen myself and work has led me to discover the things that I really love. There is a saying that goes, "Sometimes the wrong road is the right road to lead you to the best road." Now I am still not sure yet if this road I am on right now is the wrong road I know for a fact that it is leading me to the best road. It is opening up exploration pathways and giving me time to sift through my interests and abilities so that I can make the best decision for me. In addition to that, it is giving me a lot of time to pray without much pressure. I have three months to pray about these things and study and gain revelation that will help me know what the Lord wants for me and if a path may be right or wrong.

I am so blessed to have this time.

With that said, I am always welcoming of ideas of careers that you think I would excel at. If you have a strong opinion one way or another, I am always willing to listen and take into consideration what others see as I may be blind to my own attributes. So feel free to let me know what you think.

I know this post is a bit strange and out of place in comparison to all of the fun stories I have provided here in Albania but of the things that have captivated my attention it was either writing this or writing out a list of things I wouldn't mind doing and my reasoning. I felt the latter would be boring and unnecessary for you all to read so I hope this one was a least a little interesting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

Reading List