A Midsummer Night's Dream - Book Review

A Midsummer Night's DreamA Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Shakespeare is the king of insults and that was made very clear to me in this play. This was such a hilarious read that I couldn't put it down. I went into this play with a small, pop-culture based knowledge of the plot but came out with a greater understanding of my love life. I am pretty sure that I have been in a flower-induced dream at multiple times in my life. Anyhow, I have not dabbled much into Shakespeare and previous attempts have proven relatively futile, this one not only made sense to me but helped me appreciate the style of iambic pentameter and satirical plot developments. Another point of mention would be the speed at which the plot moved. It went quick through the various events and did not leave much time for boredom. Considering my own life as an example, it is interesting how fleeting love and infatuation can be and this story illustrated that fleeting love and how often momentary desires can seem but a dream. I really liked the complexities of the plot and the satire of romance. I highly recommend this for individuals that are just beginning to venture into the abyss known as Shakespearean literature.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor