The Lost Symbol-Book Review

The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon, #3)The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a very good book although it is not the best of Dan Brown's novels. I have found that I am attracted to his work because of all of the intriguing facts that are given about a myriad of different topics. Herein these facts include such of Washington D.C., alchemy, art, history, and much more. I appreciate all of the time and effort that Brown puts into researching these topics. The story and plot of this novel seemed a bit predictable to me. I was a normal Dan Brown novel. Yes it was good, but it wasn't anything really new. The only thing that seemed new to me was that there were more characters, many of only small or no real importance, that were crammed into the plot. Time was spent on their backgrounds and they were only in the book for a few chapters. Having so many characters seemed like a bit of a cop-out in that so many people did so many different things that it was simply a convenient way to form a connection or discover a solution. I did like the one major twist in the story. For the sake of sparing details I will not comment much more than this: that one part really made me want to read on. A lot of the book was not like that. Again, I did like the book but it could have been better and more imaginative.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor