New Year, New Adventures, Still the Same Me

As the last semester came to a close so did 2011.  For some reason I really did not want to think too much about New Year's Resolutions this time around.  I guess I just really want to live my life out loud and be the biggest me that I can be.
Comparing myself now to what I was a year ago I have seen that there are no real changes to who I am but just changes to what I do and my focus.  I now have a direction in my life.  I know what I'm doing and where I am going with my life.
International Studies is the greatest move I could have ever made.  I love it so much and in one semester it has taught me and excited me so much.
I am so much stronger spiritually now than ever before.  My sense of identity as a child of God is now empowering me with a new force and motivation for life.
Socially it is so interesting how much can happen in a year.  Many new friends have popped up in unexpected places and have impacted me greatly.  No surprise on this one but I have been in (and out) of three relationships always hoping that someday one might stick now knowing that it will happen someday.  All I have to do is wait for that anticipated someday.  Will it happen this year?  Who knows?

The future holds a lot of question marks.  So many good questions fill my life now that the bad questions have been answered or set aside.  Now it's time to hit the gas pedal and fly full force into the unknown.  Who will I meet this year?  What impact will they have on me?  Who that I already know is going to make a bigger impact?  What will classes be like?  Teachers?  Classmates?  Assignments?  What will be the standout moments?  Unlike previous years, these questions now excite me because I am in control and in love with the life that I am living.  I am so grateful to have been blessed so much by a Great God in Heaven.  

Optimism, Humility, Patience, and Love
BBP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor