A Bachelor on a Break

You know how last time I said that everything was falling right into place?  Well, for the most part that is still true.  The only thing that is putting a kink into things at the moment is the fact that I do not have a job.  Let me tell you, it is not easy even in a college town with all of the students out of town.  In fact, there are a lot of businesses that have even closed down completely for the break because they would not be getting enough business.  A lot of places I talk to say that they will probably be hiring in September when all of the students come back.  Thus, my goal is to get applications and resumes to all of these places ahead of time so that there are more options and opportunities when September rolls around.  Surviving until that point is quite boring though.  My apartment and I have had quite the bonding experiencing.  It just makes me all the more excited for September to finally come and classes to start so that there is something to do.  Who knows, maybe by then I will have a job and there will be a lot to do, so much that I will never be bored whatsoever.  That would be nice.  Not only is it something to do that makes me excited but the classes that I am going to be taking are right up my alley.  Along with Family Foundations and Foundations Capstone to complete all foundations requirements, I get to begin my new major with Geography and World Affairs, International Politics, and Second Year Spanish.  If only my books didn't cost so much money, I would already be studying for my classes.  I would like to have a job before I have to spend so much.  Just thinking about how my life is becoming more directed and focused in the big things has brought me to thinking more about the little things I do in life as well.  In high school all of my free time, and time when I should have been studying, was spent in front of the television and what do I have to show for it?  A knowledge of celebrities and Hollywood that some think is a little unhealthy.  As much as I love that, there are some other things that could take up my time that would be more effective in building my mental and physical character.  In this last month before school starts, I am hoping to do two things.  First, I want to get in shape with some good old fashion exercise.  Second, In my extra time, I want to make an effort to read more.  In the past I have always loved books and my birthday and Christmas lists often consisted of many of the literary classics.  The only problem, I haven't really read them.  I like to look at them but that is not what they are intended for.  So in addition to exercising the rest of my body, my eyes and brain will get a good workout as well.  I hope.  This next 30 days cannot go by fast enough.  Bring on the Fall Semester...soon.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

An Honor