Two in One

* I got an e-mail and letter from Brady on the same day so here is the compilation of the two.*

Aug 26, 2009

Things here are alright. Sorry its been a bit since I last wrote. Things are crazy and it seems like something is always happening . . . except now . . . kinda. My companion, Elder Lee, has pneumonia and has ad it for a while (almost a week) so i haven't really been doing much of anything . . . The work seems to be picking up unless it is just another illusion (I hope not.) Missionary work definitely has its challenges but the blessings are tremendous. It is very fun to see the Light of Christ flood into someone. It truly brings joy when you "see many of [your] brethren truly penitent" (Alma 29:10). I wish I had more to write but I have hardly been out of the apartment for 5 days. Not very fun, but important for Elder Lee's health and the work of the Lord.

Love,
Elder Brady Parkin

* Email received on September 1, 2009 *

Hey y'all,

Guess what. I got transferred. I am now in South Phoenix where it is really hot. It is right in the city. I can see the skyline from the house. It is really interesting down here but I think I am going to like it . . .

Love y'all
Elder Parkin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

Reading List