July 17

Things here are great. A couple weeks ago was transfers and since then things have been crazy. I am still in Surprise but rather than Kingswood Park and Surprise 2nd, I have Surprise 1st and 2nd. My new companion is Elder Davis from Portland, Oregon. He is awesome. Since the transfer, the work has been mainly organization and just trying to figure everything out. We are still trying to do so but I think we are beginning to expedite the work in the area.

As for a spiritual experience, it isn't anything to do with missionary work but it was the most powerful one I've had ever. In an effort to reconfirm my testimony, I prayed all last week for the spirit to manifest itself stronger than I had ever felt to tell me about the truth and to strengthen my testimony. Tuesday morning as I began to read the Book of Mormon early in Alma, the Spirit flooded my heart. it was the strongest I had ever felt it. the next morning was the same drill. It was so strong that at one point I had to put my scriptures aside and catch my breath. I immediately picked them back up. What an amazing feeling. I am converted. The Book of Mormon is true and I love my Heavenly Father. I know the gospel is true.

Elder Brady Parkin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

33 Beginnings

"King of Scars"

Reading List